Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive development program which includes annual giving, special events, major gifts, planned giving and the endowment for Champions for Children. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will be responsible for setting and achieving the agency’s fundraising goals and engaging current and potential donors on an ongoing basis. This includes leveraging key relationships throughout the Tampa Bay region. This position also oversees the marketing and communications efforts, as well as volunteer services.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND TASKS:
- Leads the agency’s overall development efforts to raise revenue, meeting the agency’s goals, while managing the Development Department budget.
- Manages and supervises Development Department staff including Development Associate and Marketing/Communications Associate, providing guidance and direction.
- Plans and develops annual fundraising strategies through multiple revenue streams, analyzing and refining on a regular basis.
- Manages two signature special events annually to increase individual and corporate support, and to grow new community partners.
- Leads efforts for developing the Champions Circle, a newly created leadership recognition society for high level donors and sponsors.
- Continues to grow funds in the Endowment Fund for longtime sustainability of the agency.
- Cultivates and builds strong relationships with Major Donors, increasing their involvement and giving levels.
- Develops targeted marketing and communications plan for the Legacy Society planned giving program, including new member acquisition, recognition and cultivation.
- Works closely with the Development Council, as well as other Board members, to enhance fund raising opportunities.
- Writes, coordinates or assists in the writing of grants in support of overall agency operations, specific department programs and grants oriented toward capacity building.
- Creates and manages the agency’s marketing and communications plan, including website, media, social media, and newsletters.
- Manages the Raiser’s Edge donor database, creates reports and reconciles with the accounting department.
- Maintains good working relationships with other members of the management team and staff.
- Attends staff meetings, on-going in-service training and supervision as required.
- Participates on appropriate agency, project and community planning teams.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, CFRE preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience with successful fundraising in a nonprofit organization
- Proven track record of achieving fundraising revenue goals
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software
- Proven management and leadership capabilities and experience working with Senior Level executives
- High energy, positive, “can do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail: high degree of initiative
- Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and manage new donors.
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified fundraising/marketing base
- Proficiency in of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs, kneel, bend, reach, and manipulate objects; move materials up to 10 pounds on a regular basis; infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the population that Champions for Children serves.
- Some local travel required. Must have a reliable car, active auto insurance, and valid Florida driver’s license
- Successfully complete a Level 2 criminal background check, motor vehicle records check and drug screening.
Please email resume with cover letter and salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.
Posted by Julia Miller on Friday, June 2nd, 2017 @ 5:06PM