Family Education Facilitator BB – Bilingual- Part-time, as-needed
SUMMARY: This is a part-time, independent facilitation position responsible for the delivery of developmentally appropriate activities to families with children from 0 to 5 years of age. We are seeking a bilingual, Spanish/English, facilitator for the Baby Bungalow (BB) developmental playgroups held at various Children’s Board Family Resource Centers throughout Hillsborough County. Various class times are available, including weekends, each class is approximately 1 hour with additional time for set up and breakdown. This position is expected to act autonomously with minimal daily supervision and reports to the Developmental Playgroup Coordinator.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and deliver child developmental playgroups according to program guidelines and best practice. This would include but not be limited to:
- preparing for groups,
- providing a warm and welcoming environment for participants: parent/caregiver and child.
- facilitating the playgroup experience in line with program expectations, and
- cleaning up after group
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Attend staff meetings, on-going in-service training and reflective supervision as required.
- Participate in data collection and reporting, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood development, social/behavioral sciences, education or related field.
- At least five years of relevant experience facilitating parent/child developmental playgroups. Extensive experience may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent attendance and timeliness is a must.
- Must be sensitive to the socioeconomically and culturally diverse population Champions for Children serves.
- Must be able to pass complete background check and drug screening.
- Be available to teach classes during non-traditional hours such as evening and weekends.
Champions for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status.
Email your resume with a cover letter to HR@cfctb.org, write the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line. All resumes will be reviewed for a match of skill, knowledge and abilities. Meeting the required qualifications does not guarantee an interview. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring department; applicants will complete the employment application prior to the interview. Applicants who are interviewed and not selected will be notified by the hiring department when the position has been filled.