Family Education Facilitator – Part-time, as-needed
This is a part-time,independent teaching position responsible for the delivery and instruction of developmentally appropriate activities to families with young children. We are seeking a couple of facilitators for various agency programs, such as Baby Bungalow and Family Learning Center. Classes are held at locations throughout the county including the Family Learning Center located at DACCO 4422 E. Columbus Dr. Tampa FL 33605 and the Children’s Board Family Resource Centers. Various class times are available, including evening and weekends, each class is approximately 2.5 hours in duration. This position is expected to act autonomously with minimal daily supervision and reports to the Lead and/or Program Director. When submitting your resume for this position, please indicate the program of interest.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and deliver child developmental playgroups according to program guidelines. This would include but not be limited to:
- preparing for groups,
- providing a warm and welcoming environment for participants
- facilitating the playgroup experience in line with program expectations, and
- cleaning up after group
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Attend staff meetings, on-going in-service training and reflective supervision as required.
- Participate in data collection and reporting, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social/behavioral sciences, education or related field.
- At least five years of relevant experience. Experience may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be sensitive to the culturally diverse population Champions for Children serves.
- Must be able to pass complete background check and drug screening.
- Be available to teach classes during non-traditional hours such as evening and weekends.
Champions for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status.
Application process: Email your resume with a cover letter to HR@cfctb.org, write the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line. All resumes will be reviewed for a match of skill, knowledge and abilities. Meeting the required qualifications does not guarantee an interview. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring department; applicants will complete the employment application prior to the interview. Applicants who are interviewed and not selected will be notified by the hiring department when the position has been filled.
Posted by C4C-Admin on Monday, February 29th, 2016 @ 5:03PM