Infant-Toddler Teacher – Full-time and Part-time
These positions are located at the Family Learning Center Child Care Center, DACCO Main Campus, 4422 E. Columbus Dr. Tampa, FL 33605
Family Learning Center is a School Readiness and Early Headstart Provider that enrolls children who are newborn through five years old. A small facility with only 20 openings available for enrollment. We are open Monday through Friday 7:00 am- 5:30 pm. Our procedures are governed by Hillsborough County Child Care Licensing. To learn more about Family Learning Center call (813) 384-4089
FT Position: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm / 40 per week. Hourly pay: $10.50
PT Position: Monday through Friday, 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm / 27.5 hours per week. Hourly pay: $9.75 to $10.00
These positions have oversight of children ages 0 months to 3 years old and report to the Family Learning Center Child Care Manager. CDA is required.
- Provides childcare services based on an approved curriculum for children 0-3 years which includes physical, emotional, social, intellectual and creative development.
- Coordinates curriculum and classroom needs which include lesson plans and calendar activities for children and disbursement of information to parents which includes child/parent educational programs.
- Teaches and models parenting skills to parents involved in the program.
- Attends staff meetings, required tranings, parent functions, and works cooperatively with staff and parents.
- Document client records which include accident/incident reports and alert authorities to any child abuse occurrence as well as information of all children monthly.
- Maintains client records for services.
- Responsible for intake and enrollment of children.
- Responsible for record keeping and data input necessary for complying with child care licensing, health department standards, COA and Quality Counts for Kids.
- Teacher is responsible for assessing the children in their care by using the ASQ3s and ASQ3-SE as prescribed by the tool.
- Observes, evaluates, and communicates feedback to parents, staff, and management concerning the status of clients.
- Responsible for maintenance of supplies needed for classrooms and report it to the director monthly.
Ability to lift infants and toddlers weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Ability to sit on the floor, bend at the waist, kneel and/or stoop 75% of the time.
- CDA required
- High School Diploma/GED, 45 hours training hours.
- Experience with young children and all required documents to meet licensing standards.
- Must be sensitive to the culturally diverse population Champions for Children and the Family Learning Center serves.
- Must complete a level 2 background screening, drug screening, physical and TB test.
- Superior verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Professional, self-directed, follow-through on projects and prompt.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented, customer service focused enjoys working with others.