Champions for Children’s greatest asset is the quality and competency of its staff.
Our management philosophy starts with respect for individuals and treating people with dignity, openness, honesty and fairness. Additionally, we share a set of work values focused on performance, independent initiative, good communication and employee development. Our working style is governed by teamwork, and we believe effective service depends on qualified and competent staff who feel integrated into our organization.
Champions for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Drug Free WorkPlace.
Champions for Children, Inc. participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire’s completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to www.uscis.gov and click the “E-Verify” logo.
Champions for Children, Inc. provides a number of benefit programs for qualifying full time regular staff. These include: Paid time off, 14 paid holidays, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401 (k) plan with employer match, payroll direct deposit, and supplemental insurance products. (Some benefits are subject to change without notice and benefit entitlement is based on certain eligibility criteria.)
Champions for Children Current Job Openings:
( scroll down to view all openings)
Email your resume with a cover letter to HR@cfctb.org, write the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line.
1. Parent Educator – Full-time
Summary: This is a professional parent educator position that helps parents and caregivers gain the knowledge and skills required to raise emotionally, psychologically and physically healthy children through the delivery of evidence-based home visiting and parent engagement tools that demonstrate successful results in the school readiness, literacy, health and development of young children. This particular position will work in partnership with DACCO working primarily with substance abuse and mental health populations.
This position reports to the Program Director. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for model fidelity implementation of the Parents as Teachers ™ model with families and care-givers across Hillsborough County. This includes maintains a minimum on-going caseload of thirty-five families that participate with the model’s core components:
- Home Visits to deliver the Parents as Teachers Foundational Curriculum in culturally sensitive ways to deliver services that emphasize Parent-Child Interaction, Development-Centered Parenting, and Family Well-Being
- Plan and delivery of group meetings for parents, including outreach events.
- Conduct developmental screenings to infants and children
- Building and maintenance of community resource information to facilitate referrals for families
- Attend staff meetings, on-going in-service training and reflective supervision as required.
- Maintains accurate and timely records.
- Participates in data collection and reporting, as assigned.
- Cultivate and manage ongoing collaborative relationships with a network of community partners. This may include community presentations and participation with community events and special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related experience and/or education equivalent and five years relevant experience.
- Certification as a Parents as Teachers parent educator (training will be provided).
- Must be flexible with working hours (some evening and weekend hours)
- Must be sensitive to the culturally diverse population Champions for Children serves.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, proof of active auto insurance and a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete a level 2 criminal background checks and drug test.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required.
2. Family Resource Specialist – Part Time (25 hours per week) Children’s Board Family Resource Center – North Tampa
JOB SUMMARY: Empowering families to be self-sufficient, increasing their literacy skills, promoting healthy choices, connecting families with community resources, assisting with community outreach and engaging families in center driven programs/activities. Work flexible hours, which includes some nights and weekends.
- Assist in development and implementation of adult, family and children’s programming.
- Supervise children during play time and other times as needed.
- Maintain Center furnishings and equipment.
- Refer families to appropriate community resources.
- Document services, maintain records, complete reports, purchase supplies.
- Input data into a data base system.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills while performing all duties of the position.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Complete training and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school equivalency required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Experience working with families in a volunteer or professional capacity preferred.
- Experience in Early Childhood programming, and Art & Crafts.
- Experience and willingness to embrace the Five Protective Factors and the Principles of Family Support, able to develop working, trusting relationships.
- Must be sensitive to the culturally diverse population CFC serves
- Must be flexible with working hours, some nights and weekends.
- Must complete a background check and drug screen.
Application process: Email your resume with a cover letter to HR@cfctb.org, write the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line. All resumes will be reviewed for a match of skill, knowledge and abilities. Meeting the required qualifications does not guarantee an interview. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring department; applicants will complete the employment application prior to the interview. Applicants who are interviewed and not selected will be notified by the hiring department when the position has been filled.