Champions for Children’s greatest asset is the quality and competency of its staff.
Our management philosophy starts with respect for individuals and treating people with dignity, openness, honesty and fairness. Additionally, we share a set of work values focused on performance, independent initiative, good communication and employee development. Our working style is governed by teamwork, and we believe effective service depends on qualified and competent staff who feel integrated into our organization.
Champions for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Drug Free WorkPlace.
Champions for Children, Inc. participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire’s completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to www.uscis.gov and click the “E-Verify” logo.
Champions for Children, Inc. provides a number of benefit programs for qualifying full time regular staff. These include: Paid time off, 14 paid holidays, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401 (k) plan with employer match, payroll direct deposit, and supplemental insurance products. (Some benefits are subject to change without notice and benefit entitlement is based on certain eligibility criteria.)
Champions for Children Current Job Openings:
( scroll down to view all openings)
Email your resume with a cover letter to HR@cfctb.org, write the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line. (No phone calls, please) Job are posted until filled.
1. Family Education Facilitator – variable hours, as needed – 0 to 6 hours per week
This is an independent teaching position responsible for the delivery and instruction of developmentally appropriate activities to families with young children. This position is expected to act autonomously with minimal daily supervision and reports to the Program Director.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Plan and deliver child developmental playgroups according to program guidelines. This would include but not be limited to:
- preparing for groups,
- providing a warm and welcoming environment for participations,
- facilitating the playgroup experience in line with program expectations, and
- cleaning up after group
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Attend staff meetings, on-going in-service training and reflective supervision as required.
- Participate in data collection and reporting, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social/behavioral sciences, education or related field.
- At least five years of relevant experience. Experience may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be sensitive to the culturally diverse population Champions for Children serves.
- Must have a reliable car and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass complete background check and drug screening.
- Be available to teach classes during non-traditional hours such as evening and weekends.
Application process: Email your resume with a cover letter to HR@cfctb.org, write the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line. All resumes will be reviewed for a match of skill, knowledge and abilities. Meeting the required qualifications does not guarantee an interview. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring department; applicants will complete the employment application prior to the interview. Applicants who are interviewed and not selected will be notified by the hiring department when the position has been filled.