Through initiatives and partnerships aimed to meet community needs for children and families, Champions for Children is committed to:
- Identifying opportunities in the community that can improve the lives and futures of children and families.
- Working with partner organizations to find solutions.
- Mobilizing the community for action.
- Strengthening capacity for community members and partner organizations to effect and sustain change.
- Facilitating conversations for future progress as a principle function of the organization and its activities.
Click to learn more about each initiative:
Talking is Teaching – Talk Read Sing is a national campaign through Too Small to Fail.
Champions for Children is leading a community-wide initiative to implement this national campaign. This initiative focuses on creating public awareness of early brain and vocabulary development. It encourages all parents to talk, sing and read to their children as much and as early as possible, building attachments and laying the groundwork for healthy brain development and parent-child attachment at the most critical stage.
Community leaders are on board with Champions for Children's new initiative, TALK READ SING Tampa Bay! Want to partner with us to bring this to as many children and families in Hillsborough County as we can? Comment below and we'll talk!
Posted by Talk Read Sing Tampa Bay on Tuesday, October 29, 2019
With donations of diapers from local organizations and individuals, and in partnership with the Junior League of Tampa, Champions has distributed thousands of diapers to families suffering from diaper need in the Tampa Bay region. Through this program, volunteers help collect, sort and package donated diapers, which are then distributed to families in need through CFC’s programs and partnerships.
Since 2000, Champions for Children has opened its doors to client families in December, allowing them to “shop” for toys for their children at no cost. This annual event is made possible by the generosity of community members who volunteer, collect toys, and make monetary donations. In recent years, we’ve provided toys to more than 1,000 children, ensuring a bright holiday season for all of our client families.
Champions’ Community Council is a philanthropic group of women who are inspired by the agency’s mission to prevent child abuse and neglect in Hillsborough County. These volunteers are dedicated to being ambassadors of the agency and advocating on behalf of this mission.
Community Council members gather monthly to gain deeper understanding of Champions for Children as an organization and have the opportunity to support the agency through supporting our community initiatives, events, or fundraising opportunities.
Your help can make a difference in a young child’s life and in your community as a whole. Share your skills and talents and help countless families in Hillsborough County get the services and resources they need.
Champions has a variety of volunteer opportunities available for adults and teens (14 years old and up) on an individual or group basis.
You and your network can help Champions by:
- Spreading the word that preventing child abuse and neglect is everyone’s responsibility.
- Advocating for funding for children’s programs, services and parent education.
- Facilitating a Toy, Board Book, or Diaper Drive at work.
- Volunteering to help prepare diapers or books for distribution.
- Volunteering as Holiday Store event staff.
Thank you for helping us advocate for children. You’re a real Champion!