FRANC (Fathers Resource and Networking Community) serves as a community-wide hub for fatherhood initiatives, activities and services. The mission of FRANC is to make available resources, support, information and education to enable fathers/father-figures to address the challenges and celebrate the joys of positive fathering and involvement with their children. FRANC services are for all dads… married, single, divorced, foster, surrogate, expectant and mentors.
FRANC’s services include:
The group usually consists of 8 to 16 fathers who meet once a week for 2½ hours each session. The Nurturing Dads Program is an evidence based adaptation of the Nurturing Program philosophy designed and implemented specifically for dads. The Program’s goal is to enhance responsible fatherhood. Participants learn to support positive relationships with their children and share non-conflictual parenting responsibilities with mother(s) of their children.
- Session 1 – Roots of Fathering
- Session 2 – Self Nurturing Skills I
- Session 3 – Self Nurturing Skills II
- Session 4 – Feelings & Male Nurturance
- Session 5 – Fathering Without Fear or Violence
- Session 6 – Overcoming Barriers to Nurturing Fathering (anger)
- Session 7 – Discipline – Ages and Stages Development, Part 1
- Session 8 – Discipline – Ages and Stages Development, Part 2
- Session 9 – Fathering Sons/Fathering Daughters
- Session 10 – Teamwork between father and spouse/coparent
- Session 11 – Balancing work and fathering
- Session 12 – Healing the father wound
- Session 13 – Graduation