Accounting Associate A/P
SUMMARY: The Accounts Payable Accounting Associate processes all the components of weekly accounts payable, and contract billing for Champions for Children, a non-profit organization. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Completes timely and accurate monthly billing of assigned contracts
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
Family Resource Specialist II – Full-time
Family Resource Specialist II – Full time 40 hours per week
Position location: Children’s Board Family Resource Center in East County, 639 E. Alexander St., Plant City, FL 33563
Champions for Children, Inc. is the Managing Agency for the Children’s Board Family Resource Center in East County and an equal opportunity employer.
JOB SUMMARY: The incumbent will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Center Manager. The position will provide support and assistance to optimize the services provided to members of the community through Center programming, and will contribute the follow up and implementation of best practices through all the programs and activities that take place at the Center.
• Assist the Center Manager with all coordination and implementation duties, as assigned. Supports the efforts of the Family Resource Specialist and monitor implementation of programs, as necessary.
• The primary distinction of the Specialist II position is to support a contractual obligation and perform targeted outreach in the community.
Administrative Specialist – Full-time
Position Summary: Performs a variety of administrative support functions for community based project, Positive Parenting Partnership Program (P3), and a wide variety of administrative duties including managing inventory, scheduling appointments, data entry, and account reconciliation, and other administrative functions. The position reports to the Program Director.
Position is located at: 12937 N. Telecom Parkway, Temple Terrace, FL 33637
Office Manager – Full-time
Summary: The Office Manager is primarily responsible for coordination of office systems and facilities projects; creates positive relationships working directly with a variety of vendors and consultants to insure efficient and effective delivery of services. Spearheads the risk prevention practices of the company. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assesses, monitors, and coordinates the maintenance and alterations of offices and facilities projects.
2. Prioritizes, coordinates and tracks work orders for repairs and maintenance of buildings, grounds, office machinery, and housekeeping.
3. First level on-site contact for workflow of IT, Telecommunications, Building Maintenance, and other vendors.
Infant-Toddler Teacher – Full-time and Part-time
These positions are located at the Family Learning Center Child Care Center, DACCO Main Campus, 4422 E. Columbus Dr. Tampa, FL 33605
Family Learning Center is a School Readiness and Early Headstart Provider that enrolls children who are newborn through five years old. A small facility with only 20 openings available for enrollment. We are open Monday through Friday 7:00 am- 5:30 pm. Our procedures are governed by Hillsborough County Child Care Licensing. To learn more about Family Learning Center call (813) 384-4089
FT Position: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm / 40 per week. Hourly pay: $10.50
PT Position: Monday through Friday, 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm / 27.5 hours per week. Hourly pay: $9.75 to $10.00
These positions have oversight of children ages 0 months to 3 years old and report to the Family Learning Center Child Care Manager. CDA is required.
Family Educator Full-time Bilingual, Positive Parenting Partnership (P3) Program
Position Summary: Family Educator works with culturally diverse parents to improve their parenting confidence and skill utilizing positive behavioral support and evidence based curriculum. Instruction provided in various locations throughout Hillsborough, Polk, Pinellas, Pasco, and Manatee Counties. Spanish/English-speaking educator is needed. Experience in teaching and/or group facilitation required. Experience with Triple P curriculum preferred.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Provide parenting consultation to families individually and in groups via the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program curriculum within their homes or in the community.
- Adheres to the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program ®, which is an evidence-based parenting and family support system designed to prevent – as well as treat – behavioral and emotional problems in children and teenagers.
Family Education Facilitator – Part-time, as-needed
This is a part-time,independent teaching position responsible for the delivery and instruction of developmentally appropriate activities to families with young children. We are seeking a couple of facilitators for various agency programs, such as Baby Bungalow and Family Resource Center. Classes are held at locations throughout the county including the Family Learning Center located at DACCO 4422 E. Columbus Dr. Tampa FL 33605 and the Children’s Board Family Resource Centers. Various class times are available, including evening and weekends, each class is approximately 2.5 hours in duration. This position is expected to act autonomously with minimal daily supervision and reports to the Lead and/or Program Director. When submitting your resume for this position, please indicate the program of interest. (more…)