Each day in Hillsborough County, four children will be removed from their family homes due to child abuse and neglect, and one of those will be an infant.
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month – and we need your help to provide the immediate and long-term support families need to prevent child abuse and neglect and provide a healthy environment for child development.
We invite you to help change the pattern of child abuse in our community by joining our Child Abuse Prevention Month campaign throughout April. Here are three ways you can participate:
- Spread awareness with a Child Abuse Prevention Month yard sign. These are available for pickup between 9AM-4:30PM from the following locations starting April 1st:
- Main Office: 3108 W Azeele Street, Tampa, FL 33609
- Layla’s House: 1506 E Eskimo Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
- Telecom Campus: 12937 Telecom Parkway Temple Terrace, FL 33637
- Great We Grow: 7002 W. Hanna Ave, Tampa, FL 33634
- Become a virtual volunteer! Download our social media kit to spread awareness in your community on how we can promote positive child and family well-being. The kit includes images and captions to share on social media.
- Donate to our mission to prevent child abuse and neglect.
Throughout April 2022, this special campaign will raise critical funds and awareness for our mission, while providing you as a supporter with unique opportunities for recognition and participation. Follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or our e-mail list.
On April 28th, we will cap off the month with an in-person celebration providing an interactive opportunity to meet our staff and learn about Champions, and honoring Bob & Karen Buesing with the 2022 Cornelia Corbett Child Advocate Award. To learn more about the event or to register, visit https://cfctb.org/capm.