What do I want my legacy to be?
Your legacy is something that grows with you throughout your life and continues beyond you. With age and assets come a wide range of new ways to make an even bigger impact on your favorite causes. As you think about your legacy, try asking yourself these questions:
- What issues will be most important to address in the next few decades and beyond?
- Which charities have been most personally meaningful to me in my life?
- Where are my contributions most needed and most likely to have the greatest impact?
How will I achieve my legacy?
The idea of legacy giving is most commonly associated with giving by bequest – i.e. upon death – but there are many other financial vehicles to choose from (see examples) that can make an impact during your life and beyond. With so many options, here are a few things to consider:
- Which of my assets do I not need? Think beyond cash: this could be life insurance policies, retirement accounts, stock, cryptocurrency, real estate, collectors’ items, etc.
- When will I be ready to part with those assets? You may not need them at all, or you or your family may need them throughout your life but not after.
- Who will be part of my decision-making? This may include those who will benefit from your legacy – friends, family, and charities – and those who will help you shape it, such as financial advisors, lawyers, and your personal contacts at your charities of choice.
What is Champions for Children’s Legacy Society?
Supporters who make a legacy gift (of any kind) to Champions for Children automatically become part of our Legacy Society. As a member, you will enjoy admission to an exclusive annual appreciation event, permanent recognition in our Legacy Society donor list, periodic special updates about the impact of your support, and of course the satisfaction in knowing that you are helping to make our community a better place to grow up for the next generation.
I want Champions to be part of my legacy – how do I get started?
Congratulations on taking the first and hardest step – deciding your mission! We’d love to talk to you. By learning what you hope to accomplish, how, and when, we can help ensure your legacy gift makes the intended impact on the children and families we serve.
If you’re interested in learning more, visit https://cfctb.org/help/legacy-giving/
For questions about our Legacy Society, or to talk with us about your plans, contact Jonathan Goodman, Director of Development & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 673-4646 x1112.