Hey, TBAY: We’re excited to introduce you to Champions for Children — the grand prize winner of our recent Publix Giveback Giveaway. Get to know this local nonprofit and learn about the important work they do for the community.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________1 in 4 children suffer from abuse or neglect — but it doesn’t have to be that way. Champions for Children strives to be the change for TBAY children by providing support and resources to parents in need.
Find out how this nationally-accredited nonprofit succeeds in strengthening families, increasing parental confidence, and protecting local children.
⭐ Meet the org
Champions for Children helps prevent child abuse + neglect by supporting families at every stage. Serving over 25,000 children, parents, and caregivers last year alone, Champions for Children offers resources and programs to anyone looking for a little help.
Whether you’re a veteran parent with a new challenge or a new parent feeling totally overwhelmed, they’re here for you.
Services + support
Champions for Children programs build strong parent-child bonds, support healthy child development, help grow parental skills, and improve family well-being.
Here are five programs that support kids + parents:
- Parenting support classes, groups + workshops: Learn how to parent positively at every stage of childhood.
- Events + playgroups: Meet and learn alongside other parents and caregivers (and their kiddos) at Layla’s House, Baby Bungalow, or Great We Grow.
- Home visits + developmental checkups: Receive in-home support for parenting successful + healthy children as they learn and grow.
- Just-for-dad workshops: Build and maintain healthy relationships with your child(ren) and co-parent(s).
- Community initiatives: Participate in Champions for Children education + support through these Community Initiatives.
How to be a champion
Children impacted by abuse and neglect are at far greater risk for poor physical + mental health and substance abuse, and they are three times more likely to continue cycles of abuse later in life. Education + resource intervention builds foundations for safer, healthier TBAY families — and a safer, healthier TBAY region.
Want to help the cause? Tampanians can be a champion for children in the following ways:
- Donate to support the mission (Pro tip: Consider a #GivingTuesday donation).
- Educate yourself.
- Sponsor a family through this year’s Holiday Tree initiative.
- Follow Champions for Children on Instagram or Facebook to stay in the loop.